Roasted Pears, Basil and Truffle Yogurt with Smoked Sea Salt
It is true. We’re obsessed with truffle flavoured everything. Truffle and mushroom is a delectable combination. Have you had truffle popcorn? (We use truffle oil to make the truffle salt stick… It is crazy delicious!) Marinating ostrich or beef fillet in truffle oil and soy sauce.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 4 fresh pears
- ¼ cup of basil flavoured olive oil (or plain olive oil if that is what you have)
- Young leaves of fresh basil- or roughly chopped larger basil leaves
- ½ cup Greek or full cream yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp Truffle of truffle flavoured oil
- 1-2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tsp Smoked salt
- Lemon juice to prevent browning of pears
- Preheat oven at 180°C.
- Slice each pear into 8 slices.
- Place cut pieces into a bowl of water with lemon juice to avoid oxidation.
- Brush a baking tray or roaster with basil flavoured olive oil.
- Arrange pear slices in the tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake the pear slices for 30 minutes, or until tender and caramelised.
- Combine yogurt, salt, honey and truffle oil to form the truffle dip.
- Remove pears from the oven, and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Arrange pears in serving dish, and garnish with young basil leaves.
- Serve with dollops of truffle yogurt, or serve yogurt on the side.
- The pears can be grilled in advance and won’t be influenced by standing.
- The truffle yogurt can be made in advance. Should the mixture separate, stir again before serving.
This delicious combination is one to remember. Hope we encourage your love of truffle too!