Quick & Easy Gorgonzola Pasta With Cashew Nuts
It is always a battle to come up with a dish to serve when guests are coming over. You don’t want to spend your entire dinner in the kitchen, and we’ve been doing oven bakes that can be prepared and cooked in advance for as long as I can remember. This little number requires less than 10 minutes active preparation, and is a hit every time.
Active preparation time: 10 minutes
Inactive preparation time: 15 minutes
- 500 g pasta of your choice (We use pappardelle- this extra fat fettuccini looks great on a plate)
- 300 g Gorgonzola cheese (a buttery, soft blue cheese)
- 300 g Mascarpone
- 250 g Raw cashew nuts
- 35 g Micro leaf rocket for garnish
- Salt and olive oil for boiling pasta
- Optional: finely grated Parmesan cheese and crushed black pepper to serve with your dish
- Break the Gorgonzola cheese into small pieces to assist with the melting process.
- Grate the Parmesan and keep in a air tight container
- In a large pot, boil enough water to cover your pasta, adding a pinch of salt and a dash of olive oil.
- Add pasta and cook until al dente (soft but still firm- I find that the easiest way to check if your pasta is cooked, is to taste a piece).
- When your pasta is cooked, drain the water and add the Mascarpone, Gorgonzola and cashew nuts. Make sure your pasta is not over cooked, as it will break apart during stirring.
- I like to pre-heat my serving bowl: pour some boiling water into the serving bowl while completing the pasta. The hot water will warm up the dish, and you can pour out the water and dry the dish just before adding your pasta. Alternatively you can heat your dish in the oven, or as my cousin does, in the microwave.
- Place your pot with the pasta, Mascarpone, Gorgonzola and cashew nuts back on the stove, on a very low heat, and gently stir in the melting Gorgonzola and Mascarpone. Use a folding motion to avoid breaking the fragile pasta.
- Once the Mascarpone and Gorgonzola has melted into the warm pasta, remove from the heat and pour the pasta into your serving dish. Arrange as desired.
- Garnish with micro greens.
- Serve immediately. Pairs well with freshly cracked black pepper and grated Parmesan/ Peccorino cheese.
If you like cheese, especially smelly, gooey cheese. You’ll love this perfect-for-winter pasta. It is quick to prepare, it is easy, and it is delicious. Enjoy!