Strawberry Mint Salsa
Sometimes you need a good, new twist on an old-school classic. Strawberry mint salsa puts a sweet, zingy spin on the beloved tomato and basil relish we grew up with. The red and green colours are fresh and striking, and the smell evokes feelings of summer suppers at dusk; fresh fruit platters on a hot day; and minty cocktails.
- 1 punnet strawberries (5-6 medium sized strawberries would suffice)
- 2 tbsp verjuice
- 1 Handful mint (about 12-15 large leaves)
- 2 tbsp balsamic reduction
- Black pepper- coarsely ground
- Dice strawberries in small cubes of about 3 x 3 mm.
- Remove stems and thinly slice mint leaves into small strips or squares.
- In a small bowl combine the diced strawberries, mint, 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper, verjuice and balsamic reduction.
- Gently stir until the ingredients are well blended